Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Random (what else is new...)

Okay, I really don't have anything of importance to share. Life is just ticking along and I'm trying to keep up. Work is crazy-busy. Michael's still looking for a job. Kyle's first report card with actual grades (not numbers representing levels of how well he's meeting the expectations of kids in his grade-level) is coming up soon. The only grade that I remember getting the whole satisfactory grade thing in was kindergarten... Now they don't get letter grades until 4th grade. But, this isn't a discussion of the decline of our educational system...

I've been exercising (when I haven't been ill) and I'm trying to carve out time to read a little more. I just checked "Atonement" out from the library. I started a running log to keep track of the miles that I'm putting on my shoes and I'm obsessively counting calories.

I started to listen to conservative talk radio to get a glimpse of what the other side is thinking. I've only had to resist the urge to scream at the radio a couple of times. Mostly when people call in spouting things that have been proven to be false and act like they are the only ones who can see the truth.

Politically, I describe myself as a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. I like to think of myself as a pragmatic person when it comes to making decisions like who I'm going to vote for, weighing stances on the issues and not the party or the people who are running for office. I have to say that I have been unbelievably turned off by all of the rhetoric that's being thrown around right now and it scares me that someone who has proven to be erratic (at best) might be the next president.

Okay, off of politics - I know that can be a subject that's difficult for people to discuss or read about with any objectivity...

I guess I better get back to work now. :)

No comments: