Thursday, October 23, 2008

I love yoga...

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I love yoga. Michael and I did two sessions of yoga this evening and I feel great! (I don't know how he feels other than frustrated that he couldn't do the inversion at the end of the last session...)

The mystical parts of yoga and Buddhism don't appeal to me as much as the mental focus and centering does. I just feel so calm and at peace when I'm done with a session. It really is amazing, especially when I stop to consider how much stress I carry with me all of the time. (I'm THAT person - always worried about everyone and everything to the detriment of my own mental and physical well-being.) But, yoga helps me unravel all of the knots and relax, something that no other form of exercise has ever been able to do.

Yea!

BTW... I had a really, really bad day today with the eating. Too much going on at work and too many candy bars and cookies lying around... But, with my exercise, I managed to net 1834 calories, which isn't bad considering that my BMR is somewhere between 1800 and 2200, depending on which formula or calculator I use...

I have exercised every day this week and will be walking tomorrow and Saturday for 30 minutes both days. Sunday will be rest, and then back to intervals of walking and jogging on Monday. I can already tell there's a huge difference in how my body is responding to this training program. My knees and shins aren't killing me during or after runs. The yoga is helping to get/keep me limber. I just have to stay on top of my eating and force myself to go to bed at a reasonable time so I get enough sleep. I'm really bad about that...

For example, it's now 10:48 pm. I was planning on getting up at 5:15 to do my walking before work. Now? There's no way. I need to get at least eight solid hours of sleep in order to function, especially on my reduced caloric intake. If I don't, my throat is soar and I start feeling generally crappy. So, I will not be walking tomorrow morning. I'll just go right after work while Kyle is at soccer practice.

Well, back to the original point of this post... I LOVE YOGA!

Goodnight!

No comments: