Sunday, December 14, 2008

Exercise struggles and bacon...

Okay, I know that the Holiday Season is a hard time for just about everyone when it comes to diet and exercise. That being said, I fell off the wagon and then it ran me over a couple of times. I have put back on everything that I lost in the last couple of months thanks to the gift baskets that have been delivered to my office and all of the family holiday gatherings and (yesterday and the day before) my company Christmas Party. Too much food and drink and absolutely no exercise.

Adding to that, we ordered room service at the hotel for breakfast yesterday morning (the company puts everyone up in a hotel for two nights as part of the festivities), and part of my breakfast was three delicious slices of thick bacon. REAL bacon. Not the turkey bacon that I occasionally buy. It was so good that I bought a package of real bacon on the way home today and had two pieces on my turkey sandwich (along with some potato chips) for lunch. I froze the rest of the bacon so it wouldn't be as tempting, but I won't try to kid you (or myself) into thinking that it will stay in the freezer for more than a week. I LOVE bacon! (and chocolate, and cookies, and many, many other things)

To top all of that off, I somehow hurt my ankle last night. I didn't drink last night, so it's not like I twisted my ankle in a drunken haze and don't remember hurting it. I honestly have no idea how I hurt it. It was fine when I climbed into bed and when I got up at 5:00 this morning to go to the bathroom and get a glass of water, it was killing me. My biggest worry is that I won't be able to exercise for a few days, pushing my lack of regular exercise to three weeks (I only exercised three of the six planned days both last week and the week before), and with three more family dinners (two for Michael's birthday and one for the big family holiday gathering), I'll be doomed.

I'm going to try to do some light yoga tonight to see if I can make it through that. If I can, I'll go to the gym tomorrow night to do cardio and just take it easy. Better to do something than to do nothing...

No comments: